Island is one of the most beautiful Northern Gulf Islands. It's located
in the inside passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland of British
Columbia. Approximately four hours travel time from Vancouver.
Relax and enjoy island life
in outdoors activities such as nature walks, swimming, bicycling, kayaking
and sea diving
a bite at Jan's Cafe
to live Jazz on Fridays at the Thatch
a night out at the Hornby Island Community Hall for a movie, a concert
or to see an art show
with artists in their studios
out the free store at the recycling depot
Hornby Island has many talented musicians and artists contributing to
enrich the community.
A genuine Hornby character home, hand crafted combining unique features with all the modern comforts.
- The upper floor has three bedrooms: a large master bedroom with a queen size bed plus two bedrooms each with a double bed. On the main floor there's an amazing bedroom equipped with a queen size bed. This room is the most breathtaking feature of the main floor, a work of art enjoyed by every visitor.
- The house has a large open concept area- living room, dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook. It features wood floors, skylights and windows galore.
- The fully equipped kitchen has a gas stove, fridge, microwave,espresso machine, coffee grinder, blender, pots and pans, dishes including some handmade pottery platters, bowls and mugs.
- The back door opens onto a large deck and brick terrace with outdoor furniture and propane gas BBQ.
- The house has wi-fi, telephone, cable TV, DVD/VCR and a projection unit to enjoy a movie on the large screen.
- There is laundry facilities and a full indoor bathroom with flush toilet , plus additional composting toilet Sun Mar Excel located in a building between the house and the cabin.
- We have good water (no sulphur) from a deep well and like everywhere on Hornby it is very important to conserve water.
- Relax in the outdoor jacuzzi spa or take a refreshing dip in the pond (amenities shared with the owner).
To keep warm on cooler evenings there is an airtight Pacific Energy wood stove with
a good supply of dry wood.